ON JOINING THE SOCIETY YOU WILL RECEIVE
1. A welcome booklet, giving details about the society, the conservation projects we have supported to date, and information regarding the correct naming of the species/sub – species of the genus Amazona
2. A copy of the booklet entitled Husbandry Guidelines. This contains information about housing, keeping, and feeding, breeding and general welfare of genus Amazona. This is produced in conjunction with Mr M. Pilgrim curator at Chester Zoo.
3. The Amazona Society UK Magazine this is produced every three months, and contains various articles, centre page colour photographs, information about Amazon Parrots, dates and venues of parrot show/sale days, and also relevant updates regarding new C.I.T.E.S. and proposed government legislation/regulations. There is also free sales and wanted adverts. Amazons only, inside the rear page. There is also a species advisor contact list for your parrot problems or advice.
4. The membership cost is single. – or for joint membership. Overseas membership is single, joint. This subscription runs for one year from joining date, and you will receive a membership number and card.
5. The Society has a show stand at various venues throughout the year, Stafford (spring and autumn), Newark (spring and autumn), Carlisle (spring and autumn). Harrogate (spring).
6. The society retails various books, video抯, key rings, badges, and breeding certificates. See Sales pages. Any profit from the sale of these items goes into our conservation fund.